Author Topic: What is your favorite Linux distro ?  (Read 1529 times)

Offline bi0t0xin  52

• Rate: 5
Re: What is your favorite Linux distro ?
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2017, 05:07:31 pm »
on laptops I go with AnonOS or AnonymousOS which sound similar but are functionally different with the same intent, basically every computer has all these details about the hardware and what you're using that get sent out with almost any request, these distros strip all that information out to either basic/scratched empty data strings of 0's or lets you define it yourself. They're both still under heavy development but wow do they hide your ass when you basically need a burner system.

On various other portables like scratch build raspberry's or old android phones I put Kali or backtrack on them for portable hacking tools, or in some cases a custom ROM depending on what I need

On my home desktops I tend to run Arch or redhat, and CentOS on my home server, with FreeBSD for my file server, and UnRaid on my experimentation setup.

To clarify my file server is setup for storage, backup, and streaming, I'm not including my htpc's for things like Plex to TV and the file server is different from the home server which does a lot more as well as controlling firewall and outside access to the home network when I'm away. It's more of a middle man than anything but it has some of it's own functionality like FTP setup for hosting my site. The point of UnRaid is the virtualization so that way I don't have to go too crazy when dealing with new systems I just virtualize or instance and go.

Offline CircleRepeat  112

• Rate: 50
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2017, 11:02:48 pm »
i am a big fan of arch linux, like i3 for my gui/tile manager.
ive been using it for almost a year.
i have selinux compiled and implemented on it.
i used to use centos once in a while, however was a big fan of kali linux. these days, kali linux is not an os you really use as it is really insecure. and all the tools for it you can put on any gnu/linux distro.

EDIT:
i came across this gif on reddit, "the story of most, if not all arch users", im in love with arch linux, and i thought fellow arch users might get a kick out of this!
http://i.imgur.com/rQIb4Vw.gifv
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 08:17:30 am by CircleRepeat »

Offline p2pFreak  7

• Uploader
  • Rate: 1
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2017, 01:06:50 pm »

Yes! That GIF is awesome! XD
I to love Arch linux and have struggled to find something I like more in the vast seas of distros. RN It's Arch + KDE. KDE can be buggy (very buggy sometimes), but I like the customization that it offers over most other DEs. I absolutely LOVE i3's simplicity and I have it on my laptop.

Love to hear other's opinions :)

Online Sasidhar  8662

• KAT Staff
  • Rate: 7043
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2017, 01:15:46 pm »
Kali ;)

Offline mozgan  7

• Uploader
  • Rate: 3
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2017, 07:11:24 pm »
Actually, linux distros are nice, but I am BSDish :nerd:

Online SuZy  16231

• KAT Staff
  • Rate: 12441
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2017, 07:11:45 pm »
Still Linux Mint :) I may try some others when I will be bored.  :laugh:

Online oldrava  12635

• KAT Tech Crew
  • Rate: 10231
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2017, 02:28:12 pm »
Lubuntu , lightweight , great performance and no glitches

Offline InkQuill72  115

• Rate: 38
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2018, 04:12:49 pm »
That GIF is the story of my life quite literally... :head-wall:  :Mr.G:
Thanks for sharing it.
Once upon a time I was you... Have fun sir. :thumbsup:
Presently I'm into Manjaro. I like their KDE offering. It is the right mix of stable and new for me. Plus I get to have all the great stuff that AUR offers as well. Of course I try to be careful and so, so far I haven't run into any issues.  :loveliness:  :smiley: :love: :cool: